Monday, June 9, 2008

Fuelling your MINI in the USA as expensive as the UK?


Our good friends in the USA over at the twistyblitz blog have recently posted this on there blog. I presume the cost of fuel is per gallon..

"Since I had not yet had the pleasure of helping the petroleum companies stop their sagging profits, I went to my local station and did my part to save them.

The cheapest “FillerUp” station, I don’t do ARCO, here in Pasadena, that I have found, is a Valero. Just across the street is a Mobile station. Mobile $4.99, Valero $4.769 for 91 octane. So, $54.67 poorer I motoring off to Malibu." according to the twistyblitz bog

That works out on the xe.com conversion site to about £2.50 a gallon. Do you remember those days of cheap less than £3's a gallon fuel.. We certainly do, and no way will those days be back. We reckon it is $11's US now a gallon here in the UK. Please Mr Darling does us all a favour and reduce the tax on fuel so we can get back to enjoying driving our MINI's again and not watching every penny as we fill up


1 comment:

RB said...

Hiya, Yup this is Robert the Yank from TwistyBlitz, my blog, and TwistyBitz, my store.

I guess the difference is, we here in the Colonies should and could have done something about this but with no energy policy, we an infant for a leader, we are now suffering. We have more natural resources that you folks do over in England so most of us feel we could have been better prepared for this inevitable price raising.

And yes that price is per US gallon. £11.00 is pretty steep for sure but all things are relative to your economy. We have seen our petrol costs double in less than 6 months and still going up.

How can you afford to drive anywhere? Come by my blog and sit awhile... and thanx for the MINI, we love it here!

Best wishes form this Yank, RB